Amazon global selling made easy: A comprehensive guide for sellers to expand business worldwide
Amazon global selling platformOver 70,000 registered MSMEs are reaping numerous benefits by selling their products internationally, thanks to a vast customer base of 300 million users.
Tip: Depending on the fulfillment strategy, product category, selling plan, and other factors, the cost structure of Amazon’s global marketplaces is decided. These options are flexible and allows you to choose the most appropriate combination for your desired business goals.
How does global selling work?To understand how Global selling works – You’ll have to find answers to some of the questions brewing in your mind: who, what, why, and How.
1.1 Get Started with Market Research:Have a look at the below-mentioned steps, after which your journey of marketing will become easier:
- Why is your product here?
- What problem does it solve?
- Where is the demand for the product?
- How am I going to price it?
Based on that analysis you made, you’ll easily identify the product’s values.
1.2 Select a global market or a group of related marketsAfter finishing your market research, first, select a global market, or you can become a HERO in your local network with your brilliant skills.
- Thinking about something and executing it are two different prospects. While the prospect of going beyond your country may be an exciting, it can also be challenging. Therefore, it’s important to take some incremental steps.
- You can start by looking for a small international market or a group present within your friend circle or on different social media platforms where your product has a huge demand.
- Remember to make this decision before you start working on your global expansion efforts.
1.3 Opening the doors of global business by entering your target market
- Make sure you thoroughly walk through those specific barriers, rules, and regulations you need to get familiar with to optimize your chances for success in your target market.
- This analysis becomes easier by gaining knowledge about customer regulations, legal requirements, and many other relevant policies that will impact your business operations.
- To fine-tune your entry into the target market, consider the factors mentioned below when choosing the most promising and reliable markets for your product or service.
- Finally, based on your market research, decide which entry strategy will best fit the bill as per your requirements.
- How should you manage business considering your niche and target market?
- What are the pros, cons, strengths, and weaknesses of your company’s exports?
- Remember to make this decision before you start working on your global expansion efforts.
- At what stage does your company stand, considering its financial capacity?
- A blueprint of which product or service you want to export?
- How much after-sales and service support will your customers require?
1.4 Restrictions involved in currencyPlenty of e-commerce Indian store owners face challenges converting local currency to international currency when they deal in global markets.
To avoid such limitations, it becomes essential to ensure that your website displays prices in different currencies that facilitate easy conversion.
1.5 Shipment barriers
- When you collaborate with some courier companies, like Shiprocket X, DHL, FedEx, and more, offer reliable and feasible transport services worldwide.
1.6 Catalog optimization:
To dive deeper into ASIN parameters, it includes two main accounts after a Free Trial.
AutoLens:AutoLens is an account that plays a significant role for brands and sellers who are in search of an appealing cursory view. Features: In the AutoLens account, NittyGritti helps you check around:
- 100 crucial parameters, including basic spelling corrections, punctuation, and much more.
- Tagged with “3 actionable callouts.”
- Within 3 minutes, you can have reports ready for access and review.
- You’ll get a cluster-level analysis of components
- Easy access to online reports analysis and action for up to 30 days.
ProLens:ProLens is another budget-friendly plan which is best for brands & sellers looking for a granular view. In the Advanced Premium ProLens account, NittyGritti helps you expand your targeted profit margins by suggesting you some advanced errors which you couldn’t discover in AutoLens. In all, it will help you score well on Amazon. Features: In the AutoLens account, NittyGritti helps you check around:
- The plan helps analyze across 185 critical parameters.
- Tagged with “5+ actionable callouts.”
- Get your reports ready for access and review in 30 minutes.
- Main Image
- Alternate Images
- A+ Content
- Amazon Complaint
- Bullet order
- IDEAL Character Count
- Keyword Optimization, and more.
1. AuditWith the help of 185 unique Parameters, NittyGritti will perform a granular-level machine-assisted evaluation of product information pages.
2. AnalyzeWith razor-sharp precision, NittyGritti works on offering its clients algorithm engine-driven audit scores.
3. UpdateTo optimize your listings and improve your score, NittyGritti recommends a few dashboard changes that help in driving organic traffic to your website by 70%. The dashboard recommends changes for you to act on, improve scores and optimize your listing.
CQaS is Catalog Quality Assessment ScoreThis AI-driven platform uses a Catalog Quality Assessment Score that helps you track how well the catalog is optimized. The CQaS score by NittyGritti that detects faults at a microscopic level will not only pull your audience’s attention but will skyrocket your dream sales in no time. This allows you to get to the top of the customers’ search and make sure of better brand affinity (building an emotional connection between any brand and its customers) and auditing more than 185 parameters properly; in all, you are in the right direction to maximize the content to authorize customers making confident purchases.
1.7 Display Your Products on Social Media
Moving on, let’s hop on to the list of benefits you’ll reap through Global selling:
1. Benefits of Selling GloballyThe endless benefits of selling your products internationally are described below:
2.1 Reaching More CustomersWith a huge customer base, it gives you confidence and becomes easier for aspiring sellers when stepping into the global market. All the prospective sellers out there enter the existing International Customers pool. With its existence in more than 50 countries, Amazon is a giant force in the e-commerce game. The platform offers Prime Service built on a unique business model with a subscription with benefits that retain users. Also, nearly 2.7 billion people shop from Amazon.com, which means that approximately three people out of every seven people in the world have purchased something from Amazon. So, to scale up your e-commerce game and to reach out to such a giant number of customers on Amazon, proper planning and execution is a must, and hence, NittyGritti can prove to be that source of profit for your business by offering you a unique ASIN analysis. From a single Amazon seller central account, you become accessible to the benefits while you sign up for this account. Sellers can even participate in different consumer activities across a variety of Amazon stores worldwide.
- Access Seller Programs
- Deeply analyze your business on Amazon.in
- Categorize your products on Amazon.in
- Keep an eye on shipping and logistic requirements
- Track your payments and sales in real-time
- Keep a complete record of customer feedback
2.2 Entry into a Larger MarketWhen entering into the international boundaries to expand your business through Amazon, numerous benefits work in favor of your business, such as:
- Increased sales potential: By jumping into new Amazon marketplaces, your business can tap into a more extensive customer base, increasing your sales potential and helping you achieve your dream revenue.
- Easy access to International Markets: When you become a member of the Amazon Global Selling program, it offers businesses easy access to international markets, with Amazon shipping and handling logistics on their behalf.
- Enhanced Brand Recognition: When you sell products on various Amazon marketplaces, it helps establish a strong brand for your business in new markets. It also helps increase brand reputation and recognition.
- Demand throughout the year: Frequent demands are a lucrative deal compared to seasonal ones. For instance, selling in a particular country restricts your business to occasions, weather, seasons, etc. However, when selling overseas, you ensure your product’s demand is non-stop. For example – sell your winter goods from December to January in India, while the remaining and in the remaining months, you can target different countries, such as Australia, New Zealand, and more.
- Currency exchange benefits: One of the secretive advantages of international trading is the Currency Exchange. First, you’re likely to sell more when there’s a downfall in the rate of any currency. During this period, people tend to shop more, and it will indirectly and massively affect your business.
- Profitable Conversion: Not just this, but when the money gets converted, you can earn a huge profit in foreign currency. For example, when you’re exporting from India to the USA, you receive payments in US Dollars. So, it’s the cherry on top!
In the process of expanding internationally via Amazon, it can be a budget-friendly route to reach out to a more extensive customer base. However, Amazon offers a variety of unique resources and tools to help sellers minimize their upfront costs when they’re expanding internationally:
- There’s no fee to register for an Amazon seller account. It allows businesses to have their presence on Amazon’s global marketplaces at absolutely no cost.
- Amazon’s Global Selling program is structured in a manner that can help businesses expand their reach to millions of customers across the globe.
- Amazon offers user-friendly listing tools to help sellers understand the process quickly and efficiently and to list their products in different marketplaces internationally.
- The advantages of being a seller on Amazon don’t take breath here as it also offers discounted shipping rates via its global carrier partnerships, assisting several sellers to save a bulk on shipping costs.
Without any shadow of a doubt, Amazon has been a medium for businesses to uplift their operations through its different platforms and services.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): AWS is a cloud computing platform that offers every business leading-edge computing resources, including databases, storage, and computing power.
- Amazon Advertising: The advertising platform of Amazon allows businesses to spread their network to a large audience of potential customers on Amazon.com along with other Amazon-owned properties.
- Add Product Variants using Child ASINs: For padding up your savings account, instead of launching identical products in a completely different listing, why not consider adding your established ones? It takes time to launch a new product under a new listing. Also, you require having some reviews and driving sales to be on top of your game. However, if you bring your A-game by adding a child ASIN to a high-performing listing, you’ll have an opportunity from the word go.
- Here are some of the top ideas of how you may likely leverage child ASINs to drive profit to your business:
- Smaller or larger sizes
- Various colors or designs
- Cross-sell Marketing or adding similar variants and products based on customers’ interests.
- However, if thoughts are doing a pendulum in your mind to rank for numerous keywords out there or take up more real-estate space on SERP (Search Engine Results Page), you might think of a separate listing. All you need to ensure is that you got covered with a good launch strategy to gain momentum!
Time to Address the Big Question here:
1. How to Sell Globally On Amazon?Here’s the step-by-step process on how to sell on Amazon globally. 3.1 Where and What To Sell? Unfold the potential route that will help you expand your business globally by understanding the prerequisites for selling your products globally. The different avenues you may require while chasing your dream includes essential consideration for selling on Amazon’s Marketplace all over America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
3.2 Complete the Registration Process and Create Listings
Don’t forget to register your business on Amazon by filling out all the required information and creating eye-catching product listings for international sales. Also, remember to translate your listings if you find it necessary.
Tip: Leverage Amazon tools for managing your Amazon Seller Account globally.
Build International Listings ToolWith the help of this powerful tool, you can sell globally, adding discounts/offers and synchronizing your pricing structure across different marketplaces. Leverage Amazon’s advanced listing tools to manage your listings across various global marketplaces.
Make use of the fulfillment services of Amazon to deliver your products to customers in a smooth manner. Get yourself familiar with all the pros and cons of international shipping, and either choose independently fulfilling orders or take advantage of Amazon’s global Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) solutions.